• Question: what qulification did you have

    Asked by 875prmb44 to Riverside Surgery, Kerry - HCA, Hampton Surgery, Tarik - Dentist, East Sussex CITS, CLICK Federation, Amelia - GP on 24 Jan 2019.
    • Photo: Hampton Surgery

      Hampton Surgery answered on 24 Jan 2019:

      To become a Paramedic you require a university degree or Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE). To get access to these courses you will need to have a decent set of A level grades. The universities will also look for young people who have extra interpersonal experiences such as voulenteering or working with the elderly or young.
      However you can get around not having the exact grades by doing access courses or having experience in the medical field.
      The entry requirements for each healthcare career can be found online.

    • Photo: East Sussex Children's Integrated Therapy Service

      East Sussex Children's Integrated Therapy Service answered on 24 Jan 2019:

      Stephanie (Speech and Language Therapist) To be an SLT you have to get a degree (BSc) in Speech and Language Therapy. This requires 3 or 4 A-levels.
      In the future it may be possible to do on-the-job training as an SLT assistant alongside an academic element to gain an SLT qualification -watch this space!